Abstraction Games is expanding rapidly and we’re currently looking for talented people to join us to work on the big IPs and the best indie games. If you haven’t already, why don’t you have a look at our growing portfolio. Don’t hesitate to send us an open application if your job opening isn’t listed below.
When applying for a position at Abstraction Games, make sure to send us a cover letter and a resume, and in case of artists and designers please also send your portfolio.
Senior UE4 Game Programmers
Abstraction Games is looking for Senior Game Programmers to aid us in improving performance, flexibility and visual quality of Unreal Engine 4’s lighting systems. It’s a temporary assignment.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to report progress in a concise and consistent manner.
- A proactive, independent and self-motivated attitude.
- At least one year of prior experience using Unreal Engine 4 in a programming capacity.
- At least one shipped product demonstrating involvement in development efforts on state-of-the-art rendering techniques.
- One year or more of prior experience improving and extending core functionality of Unreal Engine 4.
- One year or more of prior experience using Unreal Engine 4 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Prior experience extending or customizing Unreal Engine 4’s rendering pipeline strongly preferred.
- Strong GPU profiling and optimization skills.
Abstraction Games is looking for Senior Programmers who are willing to get down and dirty bringing the greatest games to all current platforms.
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with cross-platform development.
- Experience with console development.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Extend and maintain our in-house cross-platform engine Silverware
- Lead small teams in creating our finest adaptations
- Passion for making great games
- Management and leadership skills
Abstraction Games is looking for an experienced System Administrator who enjoys building and optimising infrastructure on a daily basis in an effort to help increase productivity for the people that use it. You also gladly accept the extra challenge of maintaining a positive attitude in a highly dynamic environment where requirements can change overnight!
- Maintain, monitor and roll out updates on internal and hosted systems and infrastructure.
- Design, implement and roll out new systems that improve our production processes.
- Be the go-to-guy/gal for technical inquiries brought up by your colleagues.
- Facilitate infrastructure governing designing systems all the way to cutting and installing cables.
- Facilitate, maintain and roll out our ICT-infrastructure.
- Provide ICT support to your colleagues.
- Collaborate with programmers and producers to ever improve their production efficiency.
- Advise on hardware and software acquisition with regards to support of our company processes.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science level of thinking.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a System Administrator at one or more Software Development companies.
- You have profound knowledge of a variety of Windows, macOS and Linux OS versions.
- You are always hungry for knowledge and you are used to stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You are self-supported, aware of the skills you already possess and also where you have growth potential.
- You handle stress well and you are determined to improve your infrastructure step-by-step every single day in order to increase your productivity and that of your colleagues.
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Scripting Languages / Software Development.
- Experience in the Games Industry.
- You are an avid gamer.
- Work experience with Console Development Kits and/or Test Kits.