Abstraction Games is expanding rapidly and we’re currently looking for talented people to join us in working on the big IPs. If you haven’t already done so, why not take a look at our growing portfolio? Don’t hesitate to send us an open application if your particular job title isn’t listed below.
When applying for a job at Abstraction Games, make sure to send us a cover letter and a resume, and in case of artists and designers please also send your portfolio.
Abstraction Games is looking for Senior Programmers who are willing to get down and dirty bringing the greatest games to all current platforms.
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with cross-platform development.
- Experience with console development.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Extend and maintain our in-house cross-platform engine Silverware
- Lead small teams in creating our finest adaptations
- Passion for making great games
- Management and leadership skills
Abstraction Games is looking for an experienced System Administrator who enjoys building and optimising infrastructure on a daily basis in an effort to help increase productivity for the people that use it. You also gladly accept the extra challenge of maintaining a positive attitude in a highly dynamic environment where requirements can change overnight!
- Maintain, monitor and roll out updates on internal and hosted systems and infrastructure.
- Design, implement and roll out new systems that improve our production processes.
- Be the go-to-guy/gal for technical inquiries brought up by your colleagues.
- Facilitate infrastructure governing designing systems all the way to cutting and installing cables.
- Facilitate, maintain and roll out our ICT-infrastructure.
- Provide ICT support to your colleagues.
- Collaborate with programmers and producers to ever improve their production efficiency.
- Advise on hardware and software acquisition with regards to support of our company processes.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science level of thinking.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a System Administrator at one or more Software Development companies.
- You have profound knowledge of a variety of Windows, macOS and Linux OS versions.
- You are always hungry for knowledge and you are used to stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You are self-supported, aware of the skills you already possess and also where you have growth potential.
- You handle stress well and you are determined to improve your infrastructure step-by-step every single day in order to increase your productivity and that of your colleagues.
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Scripting Languages / Software Development.
- Experience in the Games Industry.
- You are an avid gamer.
- Work experience with Console Development Kits and/or Test Kits.
Abstraction Games is looking for an experienced Producer, who will thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple simultaneous projects. The Producer will be dedicated to the entire life cycle of a title, from acquisition, to developing the console adaptation, to submission and post-release support.
- Cross-platform titles shipped under your (partial) production guidance.
- Submission experience with one or more major consoles.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy and ownership of your projects.
- Friendly and supportive attitude – our company culture is extremely important to us!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including spelling and grammar. You may need to do some localization QA on English strings in a pinch.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with console development.
- 5+ years experience in the games industry.
- Undergraduate level degree or higher.
- International travel experience.
- Experience working with external clients and suppliers.
- Experience representing your organization at trade shows/events.
- Work with small teams in creating our finest adaptations.
- Work with larger teams on co-development of enhancements to big products like Ark: Survival Evolved
- Sourcing and comparing 3rd parties/freelancers
- Creating, negotiating and tracking milestone deliverables and dates.
- Establishing and communicating priorities regularly during port development.
- Managing, streamlining, prioritizing, buffering and communicating feedback effectively.
- Tracking internal costs during development (Prod/QA/Loc/Ratings/Art).
- Title setup and support with console platform holders (where needed).
- Submission of titles to Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Valve, Apple, Google, Nvidia, etc.
- Liaising with Marketing and PR to ensure build and scheduling requirements are managed.
- Gathering game text strings for localization and ensure implementation.
- Submission of titles to various international age rating bodies.