Abstraction Games is expanding rapidly and we’re currently looking for talented people to join us in working on the big IPs. If you haven’t already done so, why not take a look at our growing portfolio? Don’t hesitate to send us an open application through email@example.com if your particular job title isn’t listed below.
When applying for a job at Abstraction Games, make sure to send us a cover letter and a CV, and when you’re an artist or a designer, please send us your portfolio as well.
By clicking any of the Apply buttons below, you can send us an e-mail that will automatically be filed in our application tracking system. The system we use is 100% GDPR compliant and secure, meaning that the data you provide and ultimately your privacy will be respected and treated with care. By default, the information you provide, including any attachments, will be kept on file for 4 weeks. If nothing happens, your application will be deleted automatically afterwards. When we get in touch with you within that period, we’ll ask you for your full consent towards keeping your application on file for a longer period. Only when you give your consent will we flag your application to be kept on file until you tell us to remove it. At any point in time you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to delete your application and / or any personal data that has been stored in the process. Also, for any privacy related inquiries, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at the same e-mail address.
Senior Engine Programmers C++
Abstraction Games is an independent Game Studio where we do our own games, as well as co-development work and adaptations of other games. We started 10 years ago as 2 people in a garden shed, and now have over 40 people in a newly renovated office just outside of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation.
We are currently working on a new IP that we’re not quite ready to talk about here, but we are really excited about it! Additionally, we also do co-development work. As a small company, you’ll have a chance to work on many different projects.
Some of our previous successes are Ark Survival Evolved, The King of Fighters XIV, Hotline Miami 1&2, Don’t starve, the Sexy Brutale, Broforce, and more!
Where We Are
- Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands, and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the University of Technology, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position or have shipped multiple titles
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Experience with cross-platform development for Console and PC
- Experience with low level Engine programming
- Able to navigate large code bases
- Optimisation experience for consoles and PC
- Foster innovation; you are continuously looking to improve products and processes
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong English communication and writing skills
Bonus, if you have experience with:
- Porting games
- Graphics programming
- Console Certification (TCR, XR, Lotcheck)
- Working on AAA titles
- Passion on creating great games
What you’ll do:
- Offer, architect and maintain solutions for new technology supporting our own games and finest adaptations
- Extend and maintain our in-house cross-platform engine Silverware