Abstraction Games is expanding rapidly and we’re currently looking for talented people to join us in working on the big IPs. If you haven’t already done so, why not take a look at our growing portfolio? Don’t hesitate to send us an open application through email@example.com if your particular job title isn’t listed below.
When applying for a job at Abstraction Games, make sure to send us a cover letter and a CV, and when you’re an artist or a designer, please send us your portfolio as well.
By clicking any of the Apply buttons below, you can send us an e-mail that will automatically be filed in our application tracking system. The system we use is 100% GDPR compliant and secure, meaning that the data you provide and ultimately your privacy will be respected and treated with care. By default, the information you provide, including any attachments, will be kept on file for 4 weeks. If nothing happens, your application will be deleted automatically afterwards. When we get in touch with you within that period, we’ll ask you for your full consent towards keeping your application on file for a longer period. Only when you give your consent will we flag your application to be kept on file until you tell us to remove it. At any point in time you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to delete your application and / or any personal data that has been stored in the process. Also, for any privacy related inquiries, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at the same e-mail address.
Abstraction Games is looking for Senior Programmers who are willing to get down and dirty bringing the greatest games to all current platforms.
- Offer, architect and maintain solutions for new technology supporting our own games
- Lead small teams in creating our finest adaptations
- Extend and maintain our in-house cross-platform engine Silverware
- Passion for making great games
- Management and leadership skills
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with cross-platform development.
- Experience with console development.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Abstraction Games is looking for an Art Director who will guide and direct a small and growing art team, improve straightforward ports into perfect visual adaptations, define the art direction for concepts through various prototyping stages and be a key contributor in creating our own IP. You will work with some of the industry’s most talented people in an ever-changing environment with great and varying projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant studies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, with at least one released title credited as Art Director.
- Released several games and familiar with every step of the art production process.
- Ability to flesh out an original artistic vision based on game concept briefs.
- Ability to define and maintain a coherent art direction for games.
- Ability to define and improve processes and methodology for effective art production.
- Familiar with relevant tools and technology.
- Expert in at least one art specialty like concept art, modelling, animation, video editing, video post-processing, etc.
- Excellent communicator with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrable ability to lead an art team to deliver high quality output.
- Ability to mentor junior, mid-level and senior artists in various art disciplines.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Transform straightforward ports to perfect adaptations by improving the visual quality in ways that maximize their potential on the new target hardware.
- Adapt and improve the art direction for new visual content, graphic assets, UI elements and other art assets to reinvigorate their appeal on the new target hardware.
- Develop comprehensive guidelines for art direction of new concepts through different stages of development for both our own IP and our clients’.
- Maintain a clear art direction for each of the projects involved and lead a small team of artists to deliver the highest quality art content for games.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with console and cross-platform development.
- Demonstrable management and leadership skills.
- Proven experience in creating support art and media such as concept art, drawings, painting, video or film production/post-production.
Abstraction Games is looking for an experienced System Administrator who enjoys building and optimising infrastructure on a daily basis in an effort to help increase productivity for the people that use it. You also gladly accept the extra challenge of maintaining a positive attitude in a highly dynamic environment where requirements can change overnight!
- Maintain, monitor and roll out updates on internal and hosted systems and infrastructure.
- Design, implement and roll out new systems that improve our production processes.
- Be the go-to-guy/gal for technical inquiries brought up by your colleagues.
- Facilitate infrastructure governing designing systems all the way to cutting and installing cables.
- Facilitate, maintain and roll out our ICT-infrastructure.
- Provide ICT support to your colleagues.
- Collaborate with programmers and producers to ever improve their production efficiency.
- Advise on hardware and software acquisition with regards to support of our company processes.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science level of thinking.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a System Administrator at one or more Software Development companies.
- You have profound knowledge of a variety of Windows, macOS and Linux OS versions.
- You are always hungry for knowledge and you are used to stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You are self-supported, aware of the skills you already possess and also where you have growth potential.
- You handle stress well and you are determined to improve your infrastructure step-by-step every single day in order to increase your productivity and that of your colleagues.
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Scripting Languages / Software Development.
- Experience in the Games Industry.
- You are an avid gamer.
- Work experience with Console Development Kits and/or Test Kits.